Sponsors are needed for our ongoing projects!
You can choose to support one or more:
- foster care
- Hugging Grannies
- nutrition support
You can learn more about these at "Current Projects."
- Ongoing support and one time donations are both a great help.
- You can specify which orphanage, child, or project you want to support, or donate for "wherever most needed."
- You needn't sponsor an entire year's cost; many of our ongoing donors sponsor a particular child or project on a partial basis.
As of January, 2016:
- One year of foster support costs $648 ($54/month)
- One year of nutritional support: $897 ($75/month)
- Hire a Hugging Granny for a year: $1296 ($108/month)
- Educational support depends on the age and condition of the student; some are in special education schools and post-high-school education. Keeping one of our students in school for a year varies between $387 and $2071 ($32-173/month).
Three ways to Donate
- Click on the Donate button on your left
- Go to PayPal.com and use firstname.lastname@example.org to take you to the Altrusa account. Please add 3% to cover fees, or choose the "gift" option under the "Personal" tab.
- Mail us a check:
Attn: Peggy Gurrad
PO Box 1354
Longview, WA 98632
Or click on "Other Ways to Help" to assist in other ways besides donating. (So far we don't have opportunities to volunteer in the orphanages themselves.)